It's (Still) All About Jesus
1 John 4:7-12
- Christianity without love is not Christianity.
- God’s love becomes incarnate when we meet Jesus.
1. Read Matthew 22:35-40. Does that strike you as an oversimplification of the entire Law given to the nation of Israel in the Old Testament? How does God show His love for us through His Law?
2. What does it mean for your walk with God that it can be boiled down to love for Him and others? What fuels our love for God and love for others?
3. Read 1 John 4:7-12. What is required of each of us to know God? In a world that has a largely incomplete view of Christianity as a whole, how can the Church exemplify love better?
4. Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. Have you ever thought that you could know all there is to know, do all there is to do, and say all the right things about God, and it would be completely invalidated without love? What does it look like to practice these things without love, and discuss how to avoid doing those things without love.
5. Do you have a person, people group, or community that you find it hard (or outright refuse) to love? Spend time looking at personal examples and explore what it would look like if Jesus treated you the same way when you were still enemies of Him.